quinta-feira, 10 de março de 2011

She wished.

She woke up. She took a shower. She ate breakfast. She thought of him. She felt sick. She refused to cry or hurt. She walked outside. It was sunny. She wanted ice cream.
She went to her - their - favorite ice cream place. Bought the same half strawberry half mint. She sat at that old bench - their old bench. She smiled. Remembered the day that, at that same bench, he kept trying to give her money since she didn't let him pay for her ice cream. Remembered him mysteriously sneaking money into her purse. Remembered them laughing. Those were the days.
She got up. She walked. She looked at people passing by. Her dress swirled around her. She stumbled into someone.
- Hey! - she looked surprised.
- Oh, hello! It's been a long time.
- Yes, it has. Too long if you ask me..
He smiled. She pretended her heart hadn't melt.
- You look great. I like your dress.
- Thanks. You were always fond of the dresses.. So, what have you been up to?
- Oh, you know, school, stuff.. My schedule's kinda..
- Busy. Yeah, I know. - she rolled her eyes.
- It's true. What about you? What's going on?
- Well, life. You know.. I don't think I ever told you but I do think you never have time for things because you waste a lot of time.
- Wow, casual encounter just became war?
- Not war - she laughed it off - just being honest. I think we know each other well enough for that.
- That's true as well. But I don't think I waste that much time, do I?
- Ah, let's leave that for you to analyze now that I brought it up, ok? I gave you my honest opinion.. I should get home.
- Fine than, I'll give you my conclusion later.
- Can't wait - she smiled and started walking the other direction - It was nice seeing you. I missed you.
He smiled as she walked away. She wished he had said it, not her. He stood there, following the swirling dress with his eyes.
She got home. She sat on the floor. She wished. She gave up. She stood up.
The phone rang.

Nenhum comentário: